Menu

13.11.10

Taking Ass and Kicking Names

I meant to post this sooner, but, you know, life happened.

My appointment and the paranoia-inducing spot on my thumb update:

I'm so ready to punch my GP right in the balls. Yeah, I said it. You see, when I sat down to get The Spot looked at, I told him that I had concerns about cancer. Breast cancer that morphed into liver, bone, etc cancers killed my grandmother. My mother has a freaking brain tumor. Weird little spot in the country where skin cancer is the big cancer?

I'll take 'how to freak JM out for $500, please'. Instead of reassuring me, my GP had me freaking out even worse. That's why I was so nervous! And why I wanted my appointment moved ahead. He told me how weird it was to get a spot on my thumb and how it looked odd, etc, etc.

Lo and behold...

I went to the dermatologist who didn't even think it was worth removing. 'Just a mole. Looks like any other, and it's not odd to have it on your thumb. If it keeps getting bigger and you're worried, come back to see me.'

Simple as that!

So on one hand, I am relieved that I don't have anything to worry about. At least for a long time yet. On the other hand, I don't want to see a doctor who is just going to play up my fears. I wonder if he got some sort of referral fee...

Life moves on and the typing is as fast as ever. Phew!

No comments: