Menu

23.11.10

Aussie Gets Fit Day 23/Day 2

When I think about it being day 23 of dedicating myself to my health and well-being, I can't help but smile. The time has flown so fast, and I've already had ups and downs with the making of new friends and adding in social occasions. But I feel so good! I feel like I have started the habits of a lifetime rather than just another 'new diet'.

I have added on another component to my lifestyle. Even though it feels weird to say that on day two, I feel proud just to have started. Exercise and I haven't had the best of relationships in the past, but things are going well. Even if it is just day two.



That's me! I wanted to take a picture on day one, but I was waiting on a replacement camera after mine bit the fuzz. This isn't a great pic by any means, but it features me with my essentials: bandanna to keep my hair back, mp3 player currently set to The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry, my sunnies and a loose jumper over my t-shirt.



Today I definitely walked four kilometres, as The Bloke dropped me off a little further away. That started my walk with a hill, which set my ankle off a little. I'm thinking of wrapping it up to make it a little sturdier until the muscle builds up.



All in all, I feel like I'm on the right track and I like how things are going - slowly but surely. I'm not sure if I'll ever like getting up so early in the morning, but it really does work best for me to exercise first thing.

Things are looking up.

No comments: