30 Days of Truth - Day 25

Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.


I find it appropriate that this prompt came on US Thanksgiving, a day when one is supposed to sit back and think about all the things in life to be grateful for. I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving anymore, but it's always good to think about the things you are grateful for.

I know that The Bloke, my husband, has been the person I have talked about the most this month. But he is a huge part of the new life I have built for myself.

Things in my life were heading downhill in a hurry before I met The Bloke. I had no feeling of self-worth, no belief that I could be much and I was on medication for depression because my relationship with my parents was quickly disintegrating but I couldn't afford my own place.

From the first time we talked, The Bloke engaged me in a way that no person ever had before. He 'held my hand' and supported me as I started taking the steps to becoming a woman with confidence and to seeing that I had a world of possibilities in front of me.

I believe that I am still alive because of him and the seeds of self-worth that he helped me plant in my heart.

[30 Days of Truth]

 

0 shouts: