Menu

16.11.10

30 Days of Truth - Day 16

Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.


Road rage! Well, angry people in general. I won't even post a yelling person picture for this post because I don't want to look at it.

I hate to admit it, but I'm one of those sensitive/empathic/willnotcallmyselffragile people that bullies and mean people love to pick on. Thankfully I'm a nice enough person to have gotten by without people trying to get a rise out of me. But even angry people I don't know being angry in my general direction upsets me.

Especially road rage.

Anger has been made out to be such a 'bad' emotion these days that people suppress so much. So you end up with people like me who are frightened of anger and people who act out their anger inappropriately (like when they feel 'safe' in a car).

The Bloke and I once had an experience with a pair of teens who rode our bumper for miles and miles (country road, few turn offs, one lane for each direction, double lines, and a line of slow people in front of us), then we got into a town and they proceeded to harass us - cutting us off, slowing down in front of us, trying to drag, yelling, swearing, flipping us off...

Now that was traumatic enough for the Bloke, who was driving, but it sent me into a tailspin. I could not let it go for weeks. Horrible horrible. And all over not passing a line of traffic on a double line.

Anger is not a bad emotion - there are no 'bad' emotions - but what people do with it... I wish anger management was a mandatory class.


[30 Days of Truth]

No comments: