Menu

9.11.10

30 Days of Truth - Day 09




Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.


Once upon a time, I had a best friend. We were pretty much known for our friendship with each other. Where one was, that one got asked where the other was. (That was my experience, anyway.) We traveled together, had a lot of the same interests, had plenty of laughs and shared our dreams with each other.

I used to think that our friendship ended when I moved to Australia and said friend didn't want to deal with that. But, years later, I see that we had been drifting apart for a while before then. Depression began to swallow me whole, and said friend was going through a hell of a lot that she didn't seem to know how to talk about or didn't want to.

I don't regret my actions; I did the best I could with an increasingly abusive environment that set of making my depression increasingly worse. I do wish we could have at least tried to talk more.

Me moving to Australia, something I had to do for me, must have simply been the last straw for said friend. Now we're different people and lead different lives, so...

There we are.

[30 Days of Truth]

No comments: