Menu

7.11.10

30 Days of Truth - Day 07



Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.


My husband, The Bloke, doesn't think he's an amazing man. In fact, he thinks he's just average. But really, especially in my eyes, he's the most incredible man I have ever met.

The first time we met, we talked all night. The only reason we stopped talking was because we'd talked all the way through the night and early morning up to my 8am psychology class. You couldn't tell that I hadn't slept at all, though, because I was walking on the moon.

We met during a difficult time in my life, and he was with me every step of the way. He helped me look after my health when I didn't want to, he listened when I needed to talk and he made me a priority in his life when he had plenty of things happening in his.

I didn't expect him to stick around, so I hurt him. More than once. But he was mature enough and forgiving enough to see what was really happening. He forgave me when he didn't need to and loved me when I thought myself unloveable.

Almost unbelievably, things got even worse in my home situation. And he saved me.

Through the good times and the bad, he'd been saving money. Week in and week out, he put a little bit into an account. That money bought me a flight from the US to Australia. Out of the nightmare and into the sunshine.

He saved my life in all but the most literal way, and I never forget that. And he continues to make my life worth living.

No comments: