30 Days of Truth - Day 04



Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.


Eesh. These just keep getting better and better, don't they?

Might as well dig right in...

I need to forgive my mother. (I hate how familiar that must sound.) I need to forgive her for so many things, but at this point, I need to forgive her the most for never admitting to what she's done.

I accept that she'll never admit to it, much less talk about it, but acceptance is still a step or two away from forgiveness. I know she's a product of the abuses she suffered as a child as well, but there is a point where you either repeat those actions or consciously decide that the abuse will not continue. I made that choice. My daughter will never suffer at my hand or question my love for her.

I forgive my mother for not making that choice to stop; it's hard to get past memes. But to then not accept what you've done and work to get past it, thus denying yourself and your daughter from any sort of real relationship, is unforgiveable.

At least for now.

 

0 shouts: