Menu

2.11.10

30 Days of Truth - Day 02



Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.


Why does this one have to be so much harder than the reasons you hate yourself one? That's just wrong...

Hm. What do I love about me...

I love my willingness to love.

That may seem like the easy answer, but bear with me. Ever since I was a little girl, I just wanted to love and be loved. I grew up in a religion, but the Golden Rule was my real religion. I believed in giving and loving and just wanting everyone to be happy. I failed. A lot. But I kept as true to that path as I could.

In the adult world, things are a lot harder. People get weirded out by 'just because' gifts. Some people become uncomfortable. That makes me sad, but it's a fact of adult life. People just don't trust as much, and I accept that.

But I keep giving when and where I can because it's what I love to do. It makes me feel fulfilled when I can give something. These days, the giving usually involves brownies, but I haven't heard any complaints yet.

So, in the end, I love my capacity to love. That is the one part of me that, if I lost it, I would no longer be me.

No comments: