Menu

26.8.10

Public Transport and the Introvert

Public transport used to scare me so much. The thought of getting on a train and possibly getting off at the wrong place only to have to call the Bloke...

...who had only been living in Australia his entire life and could have told me in three seconds how to get to wherever I wanted to go.

The first time I took the bus, I was forced to do so by a no-so-helpful Connex guy who didn't understand the words I WANT TO TAKE THE TRAIN.

Now, things are changing. I'm changing. Yesterday, I took the bus of my own free will to a shopping centre that I wouldn't have been able to get to on foot.

And it was good.

I'm finally starting to see the light as far as buses go. Trams only go through the city and inner suburbs. Trains are even more limited. Buses? Buses open up a wider

How about you? Do you ever take the bus?

No comments: