Menu

12.8.10

Little Annoyance

I love Australia. There is no doubt about that. However, there is a little thing that annoys me...

No heating pads.

When I was younger and got an ear infection (which happened pretty often), I used to strap the ol' heating pad onto a pillow, lie down and crack that sucker. I don't know if there was any actual cracking involved, but that's the sound when you heat up your ear when it's infected.

I don't get ear infections as much as I did as a child, thank goodness, but I still do. And now I've somehow given my most recent one to The Bloke. Sigh. And we have no heating pad to tie to his pillow and help him crack it. Double sigh.

Any Aussies know where I can get a heating pad? Or are my observations correct and I just can't get one here?

Like this: http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Heating-Pads/Heating-Pad-001750525.htm

7 comments:

Mimi and Joe said...

Have you tried laying on a hot water bottle?

Judy said...

I have seen microwave heating pads in Australia. Would one of those work?

Jaime said...

Heya Mimi. No, I hadn't thought of that. Do they hold heat for long?

Hi Judy. We don't have a microwave, which is why I haven't looked at any of that sort. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Mimi and Joe said...

They don't stay super hot for long; but they do stay really warm for a very long time....

JM said...

I think that would do just the trick. Thank you for the suggestion!

Jenera said...

first, ear infections suck butt. second, no heating pads?! ::hmmm, christmas present options, lol::

A good pain reliever for at night are these herbal drops that I buy for me and the kids. I know they have belladonna and other things in it and are made by Similisan. I don't know if you can hunt down something like that but they are awesome.

JM said...

I'll see what I can find. Aussies are pretty good for having a wide assortment of natural cures on offer. :)