Menu

27.4.10

Crazy Cat Lady

When I was in high school, my civics teacher told us to write a paper about why we supported the Democrat party, the Republican party or the Green party. I decided that I didn't fully support any of them, so I made up my own party with its own stance on important issues.

While he greatly appreciated the creativity, he laughed and talked about how I would be 'that' crazy cat lady down the road with a million cats in my big house.

I didn't mind. I like cats and the thought of owning my own home.

I never thought I would be a pet blogger of any degree, even though The Bloke and I have always planned on getting a dog.

The Asimov came into our lives.



At nearly ten weeks old, Asimov has brought us so much happiness and so many smiles, it's hard not to blog about him. He's well and truly a member of our family who has raised our spirits.

A friend of mine told me that it has been scientifically proven that owning a cat can improve your mood. I'm finally experiencing that. There have been some things in my life recently that have made me feel down, but those times always seem to be the same times that Asimov crawls up on my lap for a cuddle.

Whether you are a cat person or a dog person (I seem to be both), having a pet is an amazing experience. It's amazing how fast you become a 'parent', loving your pet unconditionally. They develop a personality quickly, and it's fun to get to know them. They love you unconditionally as well, and that is something beautiful.

I think I have needed this for a long time, and I'm so glad I get to have this experience.

No comments: