Menu

4.2.10

Blogging Naked

I have always admired bloggers who share everything - down to the nitty-gritty 'I am so embarrassed' stuff - on their blogs. I want to do that. I've always wanted to do that. This may be my Australia blog, but this is still my blog. I want to be open and honest. I want people to know what my American life was like, everything that brought me to move to Australia, everything you want to know about Australian life and adjusting to living here...

...but I feel like the secrets I keep - the things I don't tell because I'm afraid of causing trouble, afraid of who might read what, afraid that someone might disagree with a review or opinion.

Catch the theme here? Fear.

I don't want to to be a blogger who worries about if so-and-so finds my blog. Who cares? I am me, and if you don't like me, then that is your decision. I need to stop modeling my behaviour on what others might think or do and start doing what I truly believe to be good and right.

I don't expect this to be a flip of the switch, but I am going to try to embrace the process. I am going to try to blog the way I want to blog.

Of course, it does help to have some input, so if you have any questions about my past, my impression of America vs Oz, anything about life in Australia... Feel free to suggest.

This is the first step in hardening up and being the woman I want to be.

2 comments:

Jenera said...

the only thing I have to say about the fear of someone finding out is this: write anything you would say to a person's face even if it means something you've held back.

I rarely hold anything back, as you know, and the few exceptions are things between Daniel and I that are private. I may eventually write about it but sometimes I delay.

JM said...

You're one of the people I had in mind when I posted this. I know you have your line in the sand, but what you blog about - you blog about with all of you. I admire that.