Menu

19.1.10

Rant

I am one of those people who, when faced with a problem, will Google her heart out for information. Before my gallbladder surgery, I was looking for all sorts of alternatives.

The alternatives failed, but I am damn glad I at least gave them a go.

Now I am looking around for general info from people about living life after having your gallbladder removed. My diet was pretty low-fat before all this anyway, so I’m not worried about that side. I’m more curious about the long term.

If anything – anything – makes me angry in all my research before and after, it’s people.

Seriously, what the hell do you think you are doing eating the exact things that set you off before your surgery afterward?!

Getting your gallbladder removed is not some free pass to be a complete ass to your body. Eating crappy stuff is very likely what got you on the operating table in the first place!

Ugh! It’s disgusting! I read about people who, not even a week out of surgery, are eating Philly cheese steaks and greasy pepperoni pizzas.

(BTW, dairy, meat, and anything spicy are all no-nos before and after surgery if you have gallbladder problems.)

I’m not sure what it is that makes me so angry. Maybe it’s the obvious abuse of the body? Or maybe I’m just pissed off because I was working so hard to be healthy when this happened to me where other people have no regard for their bodies or what got them there in the first place.

Either way, it pisses me off.

Wake up! If your gallbladder going off wasn’t enough of a wakeup call for you, then what is it going to take? What’s going to be sacrificed next?

2 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Honey, I *live* with that attitude. The "My gallbladder died a long time before it came out. My body adapted. I don't need to change how I eat."

*sigh*

I SO hear you.

JM said...

Thank you! It's driving me bonkers. It's good to know I'm not alone in seeing the silliness.