Menu

1.1.10

New Day, New Year

And even a new planner so I can keep track of blogs, work, important dates, etc.

Aaaah, I love new stationery.



Wow, I feel like I haven't posted in such a long time, but I know it can't have been as long as it feels. As much as I hate to let my blog go and drift for a while, I know I needed the time away from this as well as my other blogs.

The holidays have always been a mixed bag for me, the randomness of life determining how much of positive and negative I will get. By far, this has been one of the strangest holiday seasons I have lived to tell about. Many things I won't tell you about, other things... Well, just the usual holiday stuff, I reckon.

It all comes down to the fact that I've had a lot to deal with, a lot to contemplate, and a lot of small ways I want to change my life for the better with in the coming year. I'm not one for resolutions, but one can't help but think about them at least a little bit this time of year. The concept of a blank slate is almost intoxicating.

Yet, I'll keep my mouth shut and do my thing. Hopefully you will notice the changes in the coming months and like me - and my blogs - all the more for them.

Whether you make resolutions, celebrated Christmas or even recognized this as the new year (Chinese New Year is in February), I wish you the best. Many called this past decade the decade of hell, though many beautiful things also happened. I wish that you accept what has changed in your life and look to the coming year with a smile and at least a smidge of hope.

I truly feel - and no, I don't say this every year - that this year is going to be different in some lovely ways for people. There will be struggle, but by this time next year, I reckon we'll look back and feel good about the year we've had.

Cheers.

No comments: