Menu

15.11.09

And We're Back

After about a week away (one night in Eden and five nights just south of Bateman's Bay), the husband and I are back and feeling pretty relaxed. The drive back all in one day was a bit hard, but we made good time. We also had a meal voucher, so we didn't have to cook when we got back. (Always a plus after a long trip.)

I didn't do one bit of creative writing during the whole trip, but I am not going to stress about it. Relaxation was the aim of the holiday, and we achieved that aim. The place where we stayed - The Chalet Swisse - certainly is a place I can imagine going back to as a writer's retreat, though.

Now that I'm back and refreshed, I want to make a good start of it. I'm currently looking around for calls for submissions both to write for and to post on InkyBlots. If you have any you want advertised, let me know. Even if I don't qualify/write in that genre, I'm happy to post it on my site.

More for a good start, I have printed off some raw recipes (raw chocolate!) to try in the following weeks. I am excited to try new things and I know I could use a detox after all the seafood mornay I ate...

We missed a heat wave in Melbourne while we were away, but it looks like it's going to get right toasty again, so I'm sure cold and easy meals will be more than welcome.

No comments: