Menu

23.9.09

The One Where I Confess My Secret Desire...

I've always wanted to be a beautiful singer. I can sing; I just don't do it well. It's always been a dream of mine to have the confidence to stand up in front of people and belt out something beautiful...

I want to sing this:



(Here You Come Again - Dolly Parton)

And this:



(I Won't Say I'm in Love - Hercules)

And this, even though it's a duet:



(Light My Candle - RENT)

And if my life was a musical? This would so happen:



(La Vie Boheme - RENT [my absolute favourite musical, by the way])

And now I throw it open to you...

Do you have any secret desires? Something you want to do but are afraid to?

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who has one... Dancing? Singing like me? Or maybe painting? Featuring your work - whatever it may be - in a gallery or at a fair?

What do you dream of?

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I would love to perform onstage. I danced for ten years and I have a good singing voice. I would love to get involved in local theater or something like that. I've always wanted to act. I can cry over almost any sad scene, and I would probably focus on drama and/or comedy.

Cheryl

Dorothy Thompson said...

I always wanted to be a movie star. I had my chance back in the early 60s when Eddie Fontaine of "The Gallant Men" wanted me to be a child extra. The step-father *aka hitler* said nooooo, so my day in the spotlight was crashed.

April said...

Well, in all honesty, I've always dreamed of being a well known novelist, thought that's not so secret, lol. I would love to try out acting. I've always thought it would be fun to take on never personas and be on the big screen!

Marta said...

OH MY!

RENT!!!! I love it also and watched it probably a thousand times. Although I'd love to have the confidence to stand up and do the cow song with a straight face :)

Singing is definitely up there...I can sing ok...but not the best.

And I've taken up painting and ceramics...wouldn't it be lovely to have them displayed somewhere? Although some of my pictures were recently displayed in the window of our local art gallery

But my most secret desire is to write ;) Ever since I was little I've wanted to write...I've wanted to be able to write like Steinbeck or Hemingway...I love to read...but inside I'm so envious of those who can spin such a wonderful story.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Rent is totally my favorite, too. I even dragged the Tour Manager to La Boheme -- it's nice, but nothing like One Song/Glory. Or Light My Candle.

Man, now I've got to go put the soundtrack on while I work. This could be good!

JM said...

Cheryl - After having heard your voice, I think you would be great on stage!

Dorothy - *HUGS*

April - I think plenty of us have dreamed about that - myself included!

Marta - RENT is lovely, isn't it? You should post pictures of your other work to your blog. :) I'd love to see it.

Susan - I am so not surprised that you love RENT. :D

Hanlie said...

I would love to be an accomplished public speaker - I should really look into Toastmasters!

JM said...

Public speaking would be excellent. I think you'd be great at it!