Menu

11.5.09

The Bikkie Lady

I love baking and cooking - even better when I have the time for it - but with only The Bloke and me around the flat, I risk getting us into an even fatter state if I keep all the stuff I make. So, what I end up doing is making a batch of this or that, keeping a bit for me and The Bloke and then sending the rest off with The Bloke when he goes to work.

Of course, the people at work certainly don't mind me sending along cakes, cookies, brownies, etc.

As time has passed and I have tried making different things, I have received some very nice comments. But nothing - nothing - has garnered something like the last batch of bikkies I whipped up.

Bikkies, by the way, I completely made up on a whim.

Those bikkies were so good that when I went in to volunteer, I had people coming in and telling me how nice the bikkies where and how I could feel free to send in a batch any time.

Talk about me feeling chuffed the whole day.

I had one woman - I have yet to think of an appropriate blog name for her - tell me that I had to go into business.

That got me thinking. I know she was just being complimentary, but could I actually turn this into a little business?

I feel a bit silly, but I have already come up with a name for the business. I just need to have the confidence to go ahead and do it. Of course, it would help to be able to make more varieties of bikkies as well. Six - variations of three different kinds - just wouldn't cut it.

I don't know if I will take it any more seriously, but it is fun to think about.

2 comments:

Jenera said...

Back in the day (pre-hubby) my best friend and I used to make candies, cookies, and all kinds of fattening delights for the holidays for her family and mine. It was like a weekend project each time. We were always complimented on our stuff. We toyed with the idea of opening up a place and even came up with a name "Two Phat Chicks" and my mom made aprons, lol.

JM said...

Aww, that sounds so cool. I think I have a lot to learn before I put together a business. I definitely have no idea how to make candies.