Menu

2.1.09

The Great 2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Participated on a writer's conference panel. Went to a naturopath. Made my health a top priority. Applied for a job in Australia.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make them... I just try to make every year better than the last.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My lovely friend Jenera.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t leave the country.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More money... A house. A dog. Good health. Weight loss.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 5 – First wedding anniversary

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hm. Probably being asked to be a speaker on Conflux panels.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t consider it a massive failure, but I didn’t get the aforementioned job. I do consider the fact that 2008 went by so fast with me thinking about/doing work most of the time a failure.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing that I haven’t been dealing with most of my life.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Dungeon Siege II – PC Game. I know, I know, but it was more than just a game for me. I don’t really care to explain it all, though.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My husband, as always, puts up with a lot. Not to be ego-driven, but I reckon mine did on occasion as well. I took some big steps in 2008.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Just the way of the world – prejudice, blind hatred, intentional ignorance, close-mindedness...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills, as always.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The prospect of getting a house, a dog, starting a family, etc.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
When I Ruled the World - Coldplay

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:i. happier or sadder? ii. thinner or fatter? iii. richer or poorer?
1. A bit sadder because of the lessons I’ve had to learn, a lot just in this past month. 2. The same. 3. A tiny bit richer, as we’ve started and stuck to a savings plan.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Relaxing. Enjoying life. Doing things that make me happy.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Work.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with my husband.

21. Who did you meet for the first time?
Nyyyyyyssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. With Nyssa. Kidding. No, I didn’t, but I stayed in love and I think that’s important.

23. What was your favourite TV program?
Two and a Half Men or NCIS during the first half of the year... I kind of stopped watching television again.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate? No. Dislike? Yes.

25. What was the best book you read?
Of the whole year? Eon by Greg Bear

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pete Murray

27. What was your favourite film of this year?
Wall E

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was another year older and I had a very quiet birthday

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Paying off one (or all) of my student loans, winning the lottery

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfy

31. What kept you sane?
Writing, taking time to relax

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Entirely too many of them, as far as I’m concerned.

33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
It’s way too easy to get caught up in work and paying bills, but it’s not as satisfying as taking time to live.

34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And so it goes, and so it goes...

No comments: