Menu

7.1.09

6000 Minutes

I think I might be slightly insane.

A friend of mine who is in the weight loss wagon with me has her 'minutes of exercise' in her sidebar, and I thought, "What a great idea!"

Only - and this is where the possible insanity comes in - I've decided to set a minutes goal for 2009. 6000 minutes. Which means, at minimum, I need to exercise about 17 minutes every day. Longer if I want to take a day off - which I will once in a while.

Crazy? Possibly. What's even better is that it's January 7th and I've done only 25 minutes of exercise (including the 20 minutes I just did).

So here you have it:




I'm actually quite excited about this. I'll be keeping track of time, kilometres run and calories (I haven't adjusted to kilojules yet) in the sidebar here as well as on my blog Finally Getting Fit. I'm hoping to get to at least 200 km run, but I'm not going to make yet another ticker for that as well.

Here's to being a spunky and sexy Aussie shiela.

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I did 10 minutes on the elliptical last night. I usually walk hope which takes 13 minutes, but it was too slippery and I got a ride.

Since I also got a ride to work, I'm still behind on my exercise. That's just the normal exercise, not counting any I should do to try to lose weight.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

JM said...

I'm still quite behind, but I'm not stressing about it. :)