Menu

14.10.06

Settling In (Archive)

Well, in a couple days I'll have been in Oz for a week. Things are settling nicely and jetlag seems to have not been a problem. The Bloke helped keep me awake for a good amount of the time, and I think flying that many hours just messes up your sleeping anyway. Things have been seeming to catch up with me a bit, but I still woke up and stayed up before The Bloke did this morning, so I figure I'm pretty good. Hehe.

I'm not sure what I expected of living with another person, but what I am experiencing now... Well, it doesn't go with nor contradict anything in my mind. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: Being here feels like coming home. I've always been pretty happy plopped down anywhere as long as my basic needs - food, water, shelter, safety - are met. Still, I didn't expect everything to click to quite the extent they have. From sharing bedspace to sharing a laundry basket, I seem to have accustomed quickly and well.

As far as so-called homesickness, I haven't had any. I do feel a little displaced every now and then, but otherwise, I'm fine. I don't actually think about where I came from all that much. Sometimes I ponder what they're doing or saying about me, but I can't really work out what that might be, so the thoughts usually quickly pass.

I'm not quite sure what that means for me. I want to be romantic and say that my home, The Bloke, has been here waiting for me all along. But, of course, I have to analyze everything. Given that if I don't attach here, I won't attach anywhere, I sincerely hope I attach here. I think I will. I wonder what that will feel like, though. Do I already feel it in my feelings of "rightness" and familiarity and just not recognize it? Or is it yet to come and settle within me? I'd like to know.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit, but I've been thinking a lot about my new world lately, and my thoughts, like this blog post, tend to wander as they please.

So, for anyone who cares to know, the vacation is waning and "real" life is settling in. But, I have yet to dislike the feeling. Life is still pretty damn good.

No comments: